Register for Friday's African Diaspora webinar series: McMasters’ Will: The Scheme That Made Us Virtually Free by Calvin Dark
Test Your Webinar Connection
To ensure that your webinar connection is ready to go, click here.
Can't make it to the live event?
No worries. Its recording will be available for a limited time. Webinar Subscribers have unlimited access to all webinar recordings for the duration of their membership.
About the presenter
Calvin Dark is a writer and historian who regularly gives presentations and leads discussion groups on genealogy, African American folklore, and history. He is the author of the forthcoming book, McMasters’ Will: The Scheme that Almost Freed Us, detailing the life and freedom fight of his enslaved Great-Great Grandfather Amos McMasters. Calvin is a proud native of Siler City, North Carolina, a graduate of Duke University, and a former Fulbright Scholar to Morocco. He currently resides in Washington, DC where he is principal and co-founder of RC Communications, a public relations and marketing firm.
Add it to your Google Calendar
With our Google Calendar button, you will never forget our upcoming webinars. Simply click the button to add it to your calendar. You can then optionally embed the webinar events (and even turn them on and off) into your own personal calendar. If you have already added the calendar, you do not have to do it again - the new webinar events will automatically appear.
The webinar will be live on Friday, May 6, 2022 at:
- 2pm Eastern (U.S.)
- 1pm Central
- 12pm Mountain
- 11am Pacific
Or use this Time Zone Converter.
Here's how to attend:
- Register at www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com today. It's free!
- You will receive a confirmation email containing a link to the webinar.
- You will receive a reminder email both 1 day and 1 hour prior to the live webinar.
- Calculate your time zone by clicking here.
- Check your GoToWebinar connection here.
- Click on the webinar link (found in confirmation and reminder emails) prior to the start of the webinar. Arrive early as the room size is limited to the first 1,000 arrivals that day.
- Listen via headset (USB headsets work best), your computer speakers, or by phone.
We look forward to seeing you all there!