March is the month to celebrate being Irish! To help you do that Legacy has released two new webinars on Irish research. The two classes cover the topics of researching your Irish ancestors in US Newspapers as well as discovering what the journey was like for your immigrant ancestors. Both combine to give you richer resources to discover your elusive Irish ancestors! Both classes are presented by veteran genealogical speaker, Thomas Kemp.
The new webinars include:
- Irish Records in US Newspapers
- You Know Your Irish Ancestors Came to America, But What Was the Voyage Like?
Both of these webinars are FREE and will remain available at no charge to you thanks to GenealogyBank.com.
Irish Records in US Newspapers
Did you know that Irish marriage & death records were routinely published in American newspapers? That Irish passenger lists printed in US newspapers contain MORE information than were on the Federal Passenger lists? Learn how to find the ancestral home town of your ancestor when all you know was that he was “born in Ireland”.
You Know Your Irish Ancestors Came to America, But What Was the Voyage Like?
Learn how to uncover the ‘rest of the story’ of your ancestor’s difficult voyage to America from the pages of old U.S. newspapers. Track the ship before it arrived at the departure port in Europe – during the voyage and the arrival here in America. Get the whole story.
These webinars join 10 other excellent Irish webinars already available to members in the library:
- Irish Genealogical Records in the 17th-19th Centuries by Judith Eccles Wight
- Paddy on the Net: Irish Genealogy Databases by Michael Brophy
- Irish Research 101: Learning the Research Process by Judith Eccles Wight
- Breaking Down Your Irish and Scottish Brick Wall in the New Poor Law Records of Scotland by Judith Eccles Wight
- Researching Your Irish Ancestors: Beyond the Basics by Judith Eccles Wight
- Breaking Down Your Irish Brick Wall: Irish Estate Records by Judith Eccles Wight
- The Three Cs of Irish Research: Civil Registration, Church Records, and Census by Judith Eccles Wight
Not a member yet?
Legacy Family Tree Webinars provides genealogy education where-you-are through live and recorded online webinars and videos. Learn from the best instructors in genealogy including Thomas MacEntee, Judy Russell, J. Mark Lowe, Lisa Louise Cooke, Megan Smolenyak, Tom Jones, and many more. Learn at your convenience. On-demand classes are available 24 hours a day! All you need is a computer or mobile device with an Internet connection.
Subscribe today and get access to this BONUS members-only webinar AND all of this:
- All 323 classes in the library (465 hours of quality genealogy education)
- 1,385 pages of instructors' handouts
- Chat logs from the live webinars
- Additional 5% off anything at FamilyTreeWebinars.com
- Chance for a bonus subscribers-only door prize during each live webinar
- Additional members-only webinars
It's just $49.95/year or $9.95/month.
We've got a brand new line up of speakers for 2016! All live webinars are free to watch.