If you have ancestors from Canada, head straight for the Legacy Family Tree Webinars Library! With the addition of three new webinars, Legacy now has seven classes to help you locate your Canadian ancestors.
The new webinars include:
- Researching Your 20th Century Canadian Ancestors by Kathryn Lake Hogan
- Maximizing the Library and Archives Canada Website by Kathryn Lake Hogan
- Locating Your Forgotten Children - British Home Children in Canada by Mike Quackenbush
We're working hard to give our webinar subscribers the educational classes they need to maximize their genealogical research! All three of these new classes are bonus webinars in the Legacy library. The webinar previews are always free.
Researching Your 20th Century Canadian Ancestors
Did your parents, grandparents or great-grandparents live most of their lives in 20th century Canada? Finding information after 1939 can be tricky but there are resources available if you know where to look. Discover how you can add the missing details to the lives of your 20th century ancestors and relatives.
Maximizing the Library and Archives Canada Website
Library and Archives Canada website is an excellent resource for genealogists but it can be confusing to find what you’re looking for. Learn how to get the maximum benefit of the free online databases, discover strategies to get results and explore new collections.
Locating Your Forgotten Children - British Home Children in Canada
For seventy years (1869-1939) over 100,000 destitute children were sent from British streets and orphanages to Canada to become domestic help and farm hands. With over fifty sending agencies, these children were primarily placed in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Québec, Ontario, Manitoba, among other locations. One in ten Canadian’s are now descendants of Home Children. This program is an unknown piece of relatively recent history in Canada. We will learn about the program itself, and how to go about locating records and identifying if an ancestor was British Home Child sent to Canada.
These webinars join four excellent Canadian webinars already in the library:
- Ten Reasons Your Ancestors Was in Canada
- Canadian Ports of Entry: Ship Passenger Lists, Immigration Records, and Border Crossing Records
- Making the Most of Canadian Census Records
- Researching Your Canadian Ancestors - an Overview
Not a member yet?
Legacy Family Tree Webinars provides genealogy education where-you-are through live and recorded online webinars and videos. Learn from the best instructors in genealogy including Thomas MacEntee, Judy Russell, J. Mark Lowe, Lisa Louise Cooke, Megan Smolenyak, Tom Jones, and many more. Learn at your convenience. On-demand classes are available 24 hours a day! All you need is a computer or mobile device with an Internet connection.
Subscribe today and get access to this BONUS members-only webinar AND all of this:
- All 291 classes in the library (433 hours of quality genealogy education)
- 1,264 pages of instructors' handouts
- Chat logs from the live webinars
- Additional 5% off anything at FamilyTreeWebinars.com
- Chance for a bonus subscribers-only door prize during each live webinar
- Additional members-only webinars
It's just $49.95/year or $9.95/month.
We've got a brand new line up of speakers for 2016! All live webinars are free to watch.