The 6th annual Legacy Genealogy Cruise, held September 5-17, 2009, will leave Barcelona and will sail to Rome, Naples/Pompeii/Capri Italy, Dubrovnik Croatia, Venice Italy, Katakolon Greece, Piraeus/Athens Greece, Ephesus Izmir Turkey, and Istanbul Turkey.
Genealogy Classes at Sea
Join the Legacy Family Tree experts for some of the best classes we have ever had. In addition to classes on using Legacy, learn about other genealogy technology. Here are the scheduled classes:
- Mapping Your Ancestors. Learn how to use Legacy's mapping, the Map My Family Tree software, AniMap, and other mapping software. Also learn the secrets of Legacy's geo-location database, cleaning up your places, and much more.
- Become a Smarter Researcher Through Technology. In addition to exploring Legacy's Research Guidance features, learn about the latest technologies to help you in your research including GenSmarts, wikis, blogs, podcasts and more.
- Timelines. Learn everything about using Legacy's Chronology View - entering events correctly, using the historical timelines, etc.
- Legacy: Just for Beginners. Learn the very basics of using Legacy for your genealogy. Learn how Legacy can help guide your research. Questions/answers.
- Sources made simple, standard, and powerful using Legacy 7's new SourceWriter. Learn how to easily enter your sources using industry standards. No expertise required.
- Creating Reports, Sharing Electronically, and Web Publishing Options. Learn how to create simple reports, a complete book, or an amazing wall chart. This class will teach about the various report options, how to print reports in other media such as RTF, HTML, and how to easily share the reports with others using email. Also learn the ins and outs of simple web publishing.
- Searching and Tagging Made Easy. Learn how to quickly and easily find and retrieve anything in your family file. Learn how to create custom reports. Learn "what-in-the-world-is-tagging?" and why it is such a valuable research tool.
- Working With Digital Pictures. Learn all of the "before-digitizing-your-pictures" rules, the ins/outs to using pictures in Legacy, and organizing your digital photo collections.
- Insider's Guide to Legacy: Tips & Tricks. Learn about the little-known tricks and features that makes Legacy so powerful and fun to use.
- Q/A with the Legacy Developers. This is your chance to "interrogate" the Legacy development team. These sessions usually produce the best ideas for future Legacy releases.
- Also other Q/A sessions dedicated to beginners and intermediate/advanced questions.
Naturally, there are ancient cities, castles, museums and cobblestone streets at every turn. And the boutiques down the street are waiting to be discovered. Experience Europe the way you've always dreamed from your balcony stateroom on the Norwegian Jade this Fall. You will drive by landmarks such as Trajan's Column, the Arch of Constantine, Circus Maximus, the Colosseum and the Roman Forum. If there is one memory you will take home with you, it is of drifting through Venice's canals on a gondola as darkened waters lap your boat and music melts on the air. A scenic drive, of Amalfi coast then on to Pompeii, where you'll visit the Roman resort buried by volcanic ash. Plaster casts mark the positions of the fallen, who were swiftly overcome by the ashes. Have the opportunity to admire some of the most important sites of Athens, including the Acropolis - one of the most photographed and recognizable hills in the entire world. Drive through the Turkish countryside along a hilly road to arrive at the House of Virgin Mary - the site where the Blessed Virgin is reputed to have spent the last years of her life. This trip will be one of a lifetime to remember
On the days we are at sea attend the Legacy Family Tree genealogy classes and learn the real secrets to becoming an expert with Legacy and improving the way you do your research. Go home with the knowledge and tools you need to be more successful than you ever thought possible. You will be learning directly from the experts.
Why not write your own "Once upon a time" as you explore some of the most beautiful cities in Europe? Norwegian Jade has 10 international restaurants, plus 10 bars and lounges so you can dine and drink where, when and with whom you choose. Add to that the most innovative accommodations on the high seas, and you'll see there's no limit to the Freestyle choices for fun and relaxation aboard Norwegian Jade.
Eat somewhere new every night. Choose from 12 international restaurants. French Mediterranean, Asian fusion, Japanese Teppanyaki, Sushi and Sashimi, and an all-American steakhouse await you.
Going big means feeling like a V.I.P. Our Courtyard Villas, located on exclusive Deck 14, share a private-access courtyard with pool, hot tub, exercise room, sundeck, cabanas, and more.
Two Garden Villas, each containing up to 5,000 sq ft, may entice you with three separate bedrooms, private garden with hot tub, and access to a private courtyard with pool.
Reservations or questions
Prices begin at US $1,159 per person, based on double occupancy. The price includes genealogy classes, shipboard accommodations, ocean transportation, meals, some beverages, and most onboard entertainment. Port charges, taxes, gratuities, airfare and optional tours are extra.
Visit https://www.legacyfamilytree.net/Secure/OrderCruise2009med.htm to securely book your cruise online.
To reserve a cabin, or ask questions, contact our travel agency, AA Travel Time, at 1-888-505-6997 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For class descriptions, frequently asked questions, descriptions of the cities we'll visit, or pictures of our past cruises, visit http://www.legacyfamilytree.com/CruiseInfo_2009med.asp.