Everton's Handybook for Genealogists, 11th Edition, is now available.
New and Improved:
- Updated county data, including contact information for vial records, repositories, jurisdictions, and details on records they hold.
- Updated descriptions of the major record collections available in each state and addresses that help you go straight to the source.
- Updated mailing and internet addresses for societies, archives, and libraries in all 50 states. Telephone and fax numbers are included when available.
- Many additional books that have become available for genealogists, listed in seven different categories for each state.
- Available with optional CD - complete book, word searchable, maps can be downloaded and printed.
Features that will return:
- The Handybook is an atlas, a history book, an address book…a comprehensive guide to family research in the U. S.
- Full-color maps of each state show every country in the U.S. Map coordinates help you locate the county you are looking for.
- A tracker for every county details how boundaries have changed over the years. Your ancestor may have lived in several different counties without ever moving? This feature will save you hours of research.
- Histories for each state in the U.S. help you understand how Native American movement, wars, settlements, territory, and statehood affected their creation.
- 121 migration trail maps give detailed descriptions of the paths your ancestors traveled.
Bibliography of books list important works available for the U.S. and all states in the following categories:
- Census Records
- Court Records
- Land and Property
- Vital and Cemetery Records